We will always respect your privacy.
sQuidcard Limited ("sQuid", “sQuidcard”, "we", "us" or "our" for short) are registered to collect and process personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). sQuidcard Limited are data processors of your personal information for the purposes of GDPR.
Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of sQuid services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information sQuid may collect about you;
- how sQuid will use information we collect about you;
- when sQuid may use your details to contact you;
- whether sQuid will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
Wherever our websites contain links to other websites owned and operated by third parties, they will have their own privacy and cookie policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information submitted by you or collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will sQuid collect about me?
When you sign up to the sQuidcard.com website we ask you to provide some personal details; this can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable sQuid and our affiliated scheme partners to provide you with the services you select.
We also use your IP address to determine whether you are accessing the sQuid customer portal from the UK or not.
Upon accessing sQuidcard.com you will be asked to consent to cookies being stored on your device.
How will sQuid use the information they collect about me?
sQuid will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "administration purposes". sQuid may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance;
- we may process the data you have given us or that we collect from your usage of your sQuid account in order to contact you with relevant account related messages from sQuid;
- if you have opted into receiving marketing communications from sQuid, or from sQuid that promote third party organisations, we may send you email communications that pertain to your communication preferences. You can unsubscribe from marketing messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email.
- sQuid may send you customer service messages which are specific to your account.
When will sQuid contact me?
sQuid may contact you:-
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that sQuid can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- and for marketing purposes, where you have consented to this.
A note for children
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
sQuid may contact you from time to time for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you if you have opted into receiving marketing communications.
sQuid may also contact you from time to time to promote third party organisations if you have opted into receiving these communications.
However, we will never send you emails requesting you to confirm account information to us by return email or by directing you to a web site. This is also known as phishing where anonymous third parties try to gather personal information, while claiming to be from a bona fide organisation.
Will sQuid share my personal information with anyone else?
In order to administer and provide you with the services you have subscribed to, sQuid will process your data to fulfil our contractual obligations, and may provide our affiliated scheme partners with access to your data when necessary to fulfil these contractual obligations. Your personal details will never be supplied to parties outside of this relationship.
We will also keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or for offensive or inappropriate behaviour. Generally, we will only use your information within sQuid and our affiliated scheme partners; however sQuid may on occasion use sub-processors. sQuid will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and sQuid will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the site and sQuid’s services. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords and/or any personal information in your possession for use of the site or sQuid services.
You can be assured that we limit access to your personal information to employees or contractors who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long will sQuid keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with sQuid. All data held by sQuid is securely stored in a fortified remote data centre within the EU. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a sQuidcard.com member, once an account is deleted a flag goes on the database and your personal data cannot be accessed. However, it stays on the system for a period of 7 years as required by FCA regulations, after which it will be completely erased.
Can I find out what personal information sQuid holds about me?
We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, reference ZA521953
Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand website usage analytics and sQuid customer portal analytics. Upon accessing sQuidcard.com you will be asked to consent to cookies being stored on your device.
Data Protection Officer
John Loftus House
KT7 0QQ, UK
Updated 22 May 2018