Useful information, guides and videos for school administrators
Here you will find the most up to date information on new system features and helpful guides to help you manage your daily tasks.
Latest Developments - November 2019
Our recent updates help you to manage payments and daily administration for school meals, trip and other activities more easily.
Trips & Offers - Latest Updates May 2019
We are delighted to share the latest features and updates available in enabling you to manage trips, offers and bookings more efficiently.
New Booking System now available
Our new Booking Management system is live! Create and manage booking slots for school clubs, activities and events, and use the Attendance Register if you are required to take attendance.
To view previous news articles go to the sQuid archive.
sQuid Dinner Money - Help videos
How to enter meals
How to mark meals as collected
How to run and open reports
sQuid Dinner Money - FAQ's
If you have forgotten your password, then please enter your username, which is your email address, and click the Forgot your password? link at the bottom of the login screen. An email will be sent to your email address with instructions to follow to change your password.
We advise using Google Chrome to access the hosted portal. If you are unable to use Google Chrome, please contact your IT and ask them to install it for you, alternatively, please follow the instructions below on each affected computer and they should resolve your issue.
- Click on COG (top right hand corner)
- Scroll down to Compatibility View Settings
- Untick the box Display intranet sites in compatibility view
- Click Close
Please follow instructions below;-
- Log in to sQuid Admin
- Go to Preorder tab
- Find the correct menus for the day by clicking through weeks and days
- Once the correct menu is showing on your screen please click Set Today’s Menu
- Get the teachers to log out of the Web Client (Meal Ordering) screen and log back in and the correct menus will then show
Unfunded Meals will show you a list of any person who does not have sufficient funds in their account to purchase the meal they have selected
Please check the Class Overview Report to ensure all classes have saved their meals
Please go to the Reports tab and use the dropdown to select the sQuid Reconciliation Report, and then click Create Report.
Please ensure that you have assigned warnings (allergies) to both the child and the product for this to be displayed.
New Starters and Free School Meals Changes FAQ's
New people are automatically pulled through from the school’s MIS system. This happens overnight at roughly 1am so any changes you make will show the following day in sQuid Dinner Money.
If your new starters are still not showing after 24 hours please email email@example.com and let them know the names of the people not pulled through and they will get it resolved for you.
Please follow the instructions below;-
- Go to the Customers tab
- Search for the required person and then press the Green Plus icon next to the persons' name
- Find the 16-digit account number and three digit CVV number
- These are the details you will need to send a sQuid Registration Letter to the new person
If you have signed up for sQuid SchoolPay you will be able to use out Communication module to create emails or letters to send out to new starters.
Any Free School Meal changes are automatically pulled through from the school’s MIS system. This happens overnight at roughly 1am so any changes you make will show the following day in sQuid Dinner Money. If your Free School Meal changes are still not showing after 24 hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know the names of the students affected and they will get resolved for you.
Please follow the instructions below to amend your Free School Meal Price. Please note that this has to be changed before a day end has been ran to take effect.
- Go to the Maintenance tab
- Click Settings
- Click Financial
- Enter your new value in the box next to the line that you wish to change (FSM Amount)
- Click Save
School Trips & Offers - FAQs
As long as the offer has not yet been purchased by any parents, you can make changes by converting it to a draft.
- Click on the Action cog beside the offer name
- Click Convert to Draft
- A pop up message will appear asking "Are you sure you want to move this offer to draft?" Select Move Offer
- Next. go to Drafts and click the Action cog next to the offer you want to edit
- Click Edit Offer
- Make the desired changes and click Save and proceed and then confirm you want to make the offer live
You can subsidise the price of an offer for any students who are not paying the full price.
- Set up your offer, clicking Save and proceed as you continue
- When you reach the page Select users to be subsidised, please untick No users selected
- In the Search for users bar, enter the name of the student who will be paying a lesser amount
- In the Subsidised users box, please enter the amount that the selected user will pay.
- Click Save and proceed
If you need to collect cash or cheque payments, then these can be processed by following the steps below:
- Click on the Action cog beside the offer that which is being paid
- Select On-site purchase
- In the Search for user bar, enter the name of the student and then click Search
- Select whether the customer is paying by cash or by cheque
For cash payments:
- If you would like to add the monetary denomination tick the Would like to add denominations checkbox
- Select the denominations
- Click Buy
- To add another on-site purchase, click New on-site Purchase or click Finish
For cheque payments:
- If you would like to add the cheque reference, please click the Customer is payment by cheque checkbox
- Enter the cheque number
- Click Buy
- To add another on-site purchase click New on-site purchase or Finish
If you have Exporter installed, then the student information which is held in your school's MIS will automatically pull through to sQuid.
If you do not currently have Exporter and would like this to be installed, please contact your sQuid Account Manager.